- Provide support in the day-to-day operations related to both staff and campers as part of a seven-member team.
- Attend daily morning meetings to stay informed and contribute to the camp’s daily plans.
- Address camper issues, including conflict resolution and parent communication.
- Handle counselor issues through weekly check-ins to ensure their well-being and effectiveness.
- Supervise and lead a team of 15-25 counselors on a daily basis, facilitating weekly unit group meetings for both fun and professional development.
- Conduct weekly check-ins with every member of the group, maintaining a daily presence and providing positive reinforcement.
- Implement conflict resolution and accountability structures for staff members.
- Supervise campers and address any daily issues, such as challenges, homesickness, camper-counselor conflicts, emotional support, fighting, bullying, etc., using “I-statements” and incident reports as necessary.
- Oversee and coordinate two working weekends in collaboration with other senior staff.
- Extensive experience in problem-solving related to camp and camp-related issues.
- Experience with Kids 8-17
- Proven track record in building a sense of community among various groups.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strong emotional support and care for the well-being of others.
- Must possess a clean police record check with a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Current Standard First Aid certification with CPR-C.
- Strong communication skills to facilitate effective interactions with campers, staff, and parents.
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment.
- Willingness and ability to work extended hours, including long shifts when required.
Apply This job!