Like you and your children, we have spent much of the last few months trying to make sense of a world that seems so different from the one we once knew.
And while so much has changed, our belief in the value of a camp experience, the importance of sports, and the impact of time spent in nature remains firmer now than ever.
Indeed, after so many weeks spent in self-isolation- indoors and relatively inactive- our leadership team’s belief in the value Olympia offers its campers and staff has only been strengthened.
But strong beliefs are just not enough when confronting a global pandemic.
And so, despite our best intentions and ongoing efforts to welcome campers this summer and deliver another exceptional Olympia experience, we have been directed today by the government and the public health officials to remain closed for the summer.
“Overnight camps will not be permitted to operate in the summer of 2020.”
– Ontario Government
Rest assured that despite not being able to run our 2020 program, we will use the time to devote attention and resources towards planning for 2021.
But this work- both the physical improvements and the staff resources our programming efforts require- will need capital, and the loss of revenue expected for this season will present challenges.
This is where we are asking for your support.
After discussions with our leadership team, we believe that the cancellation of the 2020 program entitles all families to the full return of any deposits and/fees collected for this season.
Families who wish to collect a full refund:
- You do not need to do anything at this time. Our full-time team will be working diligently and quickly to implement our bulk refund plan and we will endeavour to issue payments within 8-10 weeks.
- Refunds will be issued by session starting with session 1 and alphabetically by the camper’s last name.
- Confirmations will be emailed directly with updated invoices attached.
Families who wish to leave their funds with us:
- Credits will be issued for their camper week(s) for the 2021 summer with no additional fees due regardless of any increases in next year’s pricing.
- You will be securing your child’s/childrens’ place at camp next year at 2020 prices.
- It will also help us mitigate losses caused by this season’s unanticipated cancellation, and provide much-needed resources.
- If you would like to leave your 2020 registration fees and apply them to the summer of 2021, we ask that you email us directly at email@example.com with this request. We will then issue you the credit directly.
- Families with credits from the 2019 summer will have their credits carried forward to the 2021 summer.
- 3-Week Leadership and Peer Support campers will be contacted directly by our Associate Director and Director of the Leadership camp Greg Rogers firstname.lastname@example.org
We know you and your families will be disappointed by today’s announcement.
We certainly are! But we’re also excited to start planning and to welcome you back for Olympia 2021!
If you wish to be issued a refund; there is nothing you need to do. If you would like to commit the funds to next year’s program and enjoy a discount on our 2021 camp fees please contact us at email@example.com.
Kindly note there may be a delay in response times as we anticipate a high volume of inquiries. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate this uncharted territory for Olympia.
Wishing you good health and a wonderful summer.